Monday, January 23, 2012

My life as a product

Think of yourself as a "product".  Describe the other 3 P's of the marketing mix -- that is, how will you market yourself to a potential employer.


Product: As the only Molly Keereweer in the Unites States, I am a rare and unique item.  I bring a different background to the table in order to open the minds of others. I take all parties opinions into consideration when making work-related decisions in order to accurately choose the best option.  I have many different settings, with a flick of a switch I can go from joking around to focusing on the task at hand.  I take every moment of work seriously, but still let my sense of humor shine at appropriate times.  I am a high functioning product that completes tasks promptly and professionally. 


Place: Located just twenty minutes south of Hartford, Connecticut I can make a quick and easy commutes into New York City, Boston and of course, Hartford.  One day ground delivery to anywhere in New England free of charge.  For cross country delivery please allow four-six business days with your choice of transportation.  I work well in colder climates due to my manufacturing in New Hampshire and Connecticut.  No blizzard will stop me from traveling- guaranteed.


Promotion:  Surf the web for my Facebook and Twitter pages as well as my work background on Internships.com.  This is the best way to get to know me on a friendly level and understand my oddly charming personality.  Though I may be rough around the edges (not intended for children under the age of 5) my websites show the soft teddy bear I am.  Interviews are available upon request along with copies of my resume.  Co-workers past and present are willing to take emails or phone calls to answer any questions you may have about me.  They will answer truthfully to insure that you are getting the whole package- whether it is good or bad.  Contact any of my pages for more information!

Price: Hurry up and grab me before someone else does.  My background in customer service and sales gives me advantage against other leading competitors.  The creativity I will bring to the table is one of which you've only dreamed of.  Interested? shoot me a phone call or email and name your price! I negotiate.  Benefits and vacation time required.  Not intended for micro managing companies.


Transforming myself into a product seemed tricky at first, until I realized it was an opportunity to talk about myself in a way that employers may like to see.  My product reflects who I am and how exactly I am as unique as I claim.  Being able to lay out my qualities in these four P's I learned a little bit more about what my life may turn into within the next couple of years.  This put into perspective my comfort zones with distance and my ability to market and advertise.  If I am lucky enough to get a career in marketing or advertising I know from this blog that I am good at it.  So tell me, When did you realize that what you want to do with your college degree is something you are naturally talented at?

2 comments:

  1. This is a response to Molly's Post on Natural Talent:
    When did you realize that what you want to do with your college degree is something you are naturally talented at?
    Molly,
    Unlike you, who are the beginning of your career, I have had many different careers since I started working full time in 1976. It took a long time and working in several different fields to find a job that I was naturally talented at.
    I found that I work well with people. I can communicate with clients and build a relationship with them in a short period of time. I love helping people and I take great pride in managing the relationship. I like knowing that I have met my commitments and that I have followed through and made sure their requests were handled in a timely manner.
    As you can see my education is being completed at the end of my career. Until the early 90’s I really didn’t have a desire to get a college degree, but once my husband and I had put our children through college I realized I did really want a college degree. So I went to college at night and worked during the day. It took me years to earn my associates degree and now I am on my way to completing my Bachelors Degree.
    My goal is to complete my degree and use my degree to work with people in some kind of small business or non-profit setting.
    Do you feel that everyone feels that they have one special natural talent or is it that we learn what we are talented at over time?

    Comment from Georgianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Response to Molly's question about our college degrees...

    When did you realize that what you want to do with your college degree is something you are naturally talented at?

    I am majoring in Management and minoring in Economics. Luckily for me, I knew I wanted to achieve a degree in business even before I came to Keene State. I came to school having already declared my major and minor and I have not strayed past it.

    Not only does my passion for business help out with how I gained my natural talent in the area but I have also had multiple mentors to get to where I am today.

    My father has been doing business in New York City for longer than I have been alive. Varying from real estate to sales, I grew up learning about the multiple areas of business that New York had to offer. He never worked on Wall St. but everyone knows that New York City is home to tons of extremely prestigious and successful business head quarters. Also, my uncle is a Financial Advisor in California. I had the privilege of interning with him the past three summers and learning the ins and outs of the financial world. So, all of this has driven me to have natural talent when working in the business world.

    With this being said, have you had important figures in your life that contributed to your natural talent of your degree?

    ReplyDelete